All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionSwarm Intelligence: Principles, Advances, and Applications delivers in-depth coverage of bat, artificial fish swarm, firefly, cuckoo search, flower pollination, artificial bee colony, wolf search, and gray wolf optimization algorithms. The book begins with a brief introduction to mathematical optimization, addressing basic concepts related to swarm intelligence, such as randomness, random walks, and chaos theory. The text then: * Describes the various swarm intelligence optimization methods, standardizing the variants, hybridizations, and algorithms whenever possible * Discusses variants that focus more on binary, discrete, constrained, adaptive, and chaotic versions of the swarm optimizers * Depicts real-world applications of the individual optimizers, emphasizing variable selection and fitness function design * Details the similarities, differences, weaknesses, and strengths of each swarm optimization method * Draws parallels between the operators and searching manners of the different algorithms Swarm Intelligence: Principles, Advances, and Applications presents a comprehensive treatment of modern swarm intelligence optimization methods, complete with illustrative examples and an extendable MATLAB(R) package for feature selection in wrapper mode applied on different data sets with benchmarking using different evaluation criteria. The book provides beginners with a solid foundation of swarm intelligence fundamentals, and offers experts valuable insight into new directions and hybridizations.
- Author BiographyAboul Ella Hassanien is a full professor in the Information Technology Department of the Faculty of Computers and Information at Cairo University, Giza, Egypt. Widely published and highly decorated, he is the founder and chair of the Scientific Research Group in Egypt, has established the Egyptian Rough Sets Society, and is chairing the Egyptian International Rough Set Society Chapter. He has served as a general chair, co-chair, program chair, and program committee member of various international conferences, and as a reviewer and guest editor for numerous international journals. His research interests include computational intelligence, network security, animal identification, and more. Eid Emary is currently a lecturer in the Information Technology Department of the Faculty of Computers and Information at Cairo University, Giza, Egypt. He has authored or co-authored more than 15 research publications in peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, and conference proceedings. He has served as a technical program committee member of various international conferences, and as a reviewer for numerous international journals. His research interests are in the areas of computer vision, mathematical optimization, pattern recognition, video and image processing, machine learning, data mining, and biometrics.
- Author(s)Aboul-Ella Hassanien,Eid Alamry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables
- Weight626 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.