All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- Description<i>Sweet, Hot and Blue</i> gives lives and careers of 124 musicians whose styles range from jazz to classical and who were born in St. Louis or in the surrounding area. The research includes 57 original personal interviews with the artists. Each person's entry gives stage nicknames, date and place of birth, and biographical highlights. The main emphasis is on band affiliations, club and concert performance dates, and recording credits. The glossary of 186 terms, from axe (an individual's instrument) to woodshed (practice to keep up one's skills), explains some of the slang used in the interviews.
- Author BiographyThe late <b>Lyn Driggs Cunningham</b> was a writer, editor, researcher, poet and lyricist of Florissant, Missouri. The late <b>Jimmy Jones</b> was a multi-talented musician-singer, composer, lyricist pianist, organist, drummer and music teacher. He lived in Edgemont, Illinois.
- Author(s)Lyn Driggs Cunningham
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.