Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description<p>Classical deities and down-and-out junkies, high school sweethearts and the inner life of JFK--these are the coordinates of J.T. Barbarese's terrain. The poems in Sweet Spot set up shop where average lived experience meets American history. Masterfully evokes both the specific land- and cityscapes of his poems as well the psychological types of the varied characters that populate them, Sweet Spot confirms Barbarese's preeminence as a chronicler of the heroic everyday, the telling detail, the subtle reminders of the human predicament hidden in habit and memory.
- Author BiographyJ. T. Barbarese is an associate professor of English at Rutgers University and the author of four previous collections of poetry and a translation of Euripides. His poems have appeared in The New Yorker, The Atlantic, The Times Literary Supplement, and Poetry, and his literary journalism in The Georgia Review, Sewanee Review, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)J. T. Barbarese,J.T. Barbarese
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight300 g
- Width184 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.