All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you been wanting to develop Apps for iOS but don't have the prerequisite language skills? Have you tried other iOS books and the code just went over your head? Do you feel like you need a little more coding experience before tackling mobile? Do you want to get a head start on iOS8 development? There is mobile platform that has proved more dominant-- or more lucrative than iOS! If you're planning on creating native iOS apps, you must kw Swift. Swift is an easy-to-learn and powerful language that is used to create iOS8 and OSX apps in the very near future. Companies are scrambling to hire Swift developers and those with aspirations to create iOS apps are learning it as fast as they can. Author Mark Lassoff is a master-instructor with years of teaching experience. You'll master the Swift programming language as you complete the multiple lab exercises that are both interesting and engaging. Dozens and dozens of code examples are available for you to load up and study. Over 150,000 people have learned programming from Mark Lassoff-- this book is one of his best. If you want to learn Swift and become an iOS8 developer, this is your book.
- Author BiographyMark Lassoff 's parents frequently claim that Mark was born to be a programmer. In the mid-eighties when the neighborhood kids were outside playing kickball and throwing snowballs, Mark was hard at work on his Commodore 64 writing games in the BASIC programming language. Computers and programming continued to be a strong interest in college where Mark majored in communication and computer science. Upon completing his college career, Mark worked in the software and web development departments at several large corporations. In 2001, on a whim, while his contemporaries were conquering the dot-com world, Mark accepted a position training programmers in a technical training center in Austin, Texas. It was there he fell in love with teaching programming. Teaching programming has been Mark's passion for the last 10 years. Today Mark is a top technical trainer, traveling the country providing training for software and web developers. Mark's training clients include the Department of Defense, Lockheed Martin, Discover Card Services, and Kaiser Permaente. Mark's clients rate his classes 9.81/10, with consistent perfect scores on participant evaluations. In addition to traditional classroom training, Mark is a sought after video trainer and host. He has authored and hosted video courses for several publishers, including his own company LearnToProgram.tv, Inc.. Mark has authored over 15 online courses and works with students from all 50 states and over 47 countries. Over 100,000 people have learned programming skills from Mark's courses. He lives near Hartford, Connecticut in a 150 year old converted textile mill.
- Author(s)MR Mark a Lassoff
- PublisherLearntoprogram, Incorporated
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLearntoprogram, Incorporated
- Out-of-print date25/02/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.