All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over 30 years, Ugly Things magazine has been a resource for rock and roll history. In recent months, editor Mike Stax has published feature articles regarding the life of Craig Smith, an American singer and composer kwn for appearances on the Andy Williams Show, and Smith's transformation into a psychedelic drug influenced schizophrenic with messianic ideas and violent crimes. Swim Through the Darkness reveals Stax's efforts in tracking down this strange saga of American pop culture. Included in the story are Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith of The Monkees.
- Author BiographyMike Stax: Editor of the highly respected '60s/'70s music magazine, Ugly Things. He has written liner notes for hundreds of reissues, and contributing to other publications, including the Oxford American and Shindig, and has also co-authored two books, Don't Bring Me Down...Under (with Andy Neil and John Baker) and Like, Misunderstood (with Rick Brown). Since 1983 UGLY THINGS magazine has brought its readers unparalleled coverage of WILD SOUNDS FROM PAST DIMENSIONS: the best lost, unknown and overlooked music of the 1960s and beyond. Published three times a year, each issues features 160-200 pages of in-depth features, exclusive interviews, rare photos and more, as well as a massive review section sifting through hundreds of vinyl and CD reissues, music-related books and DVDs. UGLY THINGS is not a hobbyist publication for trainspotting elitists, it is a high energy rock & roll fanzine about the music and the stories of the people that made it happen.UT RECORDS was started as a sideline to the magazine, presenting high quality vinyl and CD releases of rare and previously unreleased garage, beat and psychedelia from the 1960s.
- Author(s)Mike Stax
- PublisherProcess Media
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProcess Media
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.