All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionSwimming with Fish and Other Animals is a 42-page chapbook of poetry, essays and photographs by Patrick S. Dixon, an Alaskan commercial fisherman. The first section, 'Fish', is a fish hold full of poems and stories about his adventures on and around the waters of the Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. The second section, 'Other Animals' describes events and moments in time about such subjects as the environment, adolescence, coping with disease and love. Mr. Dixon's writing is accessible and immediate. This collection of stories and poems is a jewel to own.
- Author BiographyPATRICK DIXON gillnetted for sockeye salmon on Cook Inlet, Alaska from 1977 to 1997. A photographer and writer, he has been published in 'The Smithsonian', 'Pacific Fishing', 'National Fisherman' and 'The Alaska Fisherman's Journal', among others. He has been a featured reader at the Fisher Poets Gathering for 13 years; he has also read at 'Kodiak Out Loud' in Kodiak, Alaska, and presented at 'Sea Stories at Ft. Flagler', Washington as well as at Panorama City in Lacey, Washington. He lives in Olympia, Washington with his wife and two golden retrievers.
- Author(s)Patrick S Dixon
- PublisherDixon Photography
- Date of Publication30/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDixon Photography
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.