Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionFor most seventeen-year-olds, graduating high school means college plans, leaving the nest and shedding old hangups. But Lark Jennison is different. Ever since her parents died, she thinks she has wings. People think she's crazy. Her wild imagination helps her escape grief and the doldrums of being smothered in the humidity and narrow opinions of a small town along the Savannah River. Under the guardianship of a brother who cares too much about the family name and his golf swing, she lives in their old mansion under the shadow of a family legacy fraught with rumors and too much disrepair. Leaving the nest is as unlikely as a bird swimming with its wings. When she meets Peter, one of the river gypsies, her world begins to change. Along with connection found in their histories and Peter's mystic roots, Lark finds love, spirit and the conviction she'll need to move on to pursue her talents as an artist, but when you're crazy in love, how do you leave? Peter carries on the tradition of being a light healer, but in a world of corruption and fanaticism, his misinterpretation of this gift sets Peter and Lark on a collision course that will reveal the underpinnings of the town, the truth about river gypsies, beliefs and love itself.
- Author BiographyLee Libro is a visual artist and writer. Elements of fantasy, myth and Jungian symbols are often interwoven themes in her art and fiction. Her influences include Alice Hoffman, Flannery O'Connor, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Anne Tyler, Eudora Welty, Salvador Dali, Alex Grey, religious studies and new age principles, all media relating to metaphysics and the paranormal...and on a different note, the movie Gone With the Wind. She lives in Florida with her husband, children and two dogs. She grew up in Augusta, Georgia and Portland, Maine and earned her B.A. degree in English specializing in Renaissance literature at the University of Connecticut. She spent nearly ten years in Marketing Communications and then the following decade as a foreign language translations editor. She is currently working on a Young Adult series and a Middle Grade novel. For more information on Lee and her works, visit www.LibroArts.com.
- Author(s)Lee Libro
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight287 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.