Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first autobiography of a jazz musician, Louis Armstrong's Swing That Music is a milestone in jazz literature. Armstrong wrote most of the biographical material, which is of a different nature and scope than that of his other, later autobiography, Satchmo: My Life in New Orleans (also published by Da Capo/Perseus Books Group). Satchmo covers in intimate detail Armstrong's life until his 1922 move to Chicago but Swing That Music also covers his days on Chicago's South Side with King Oliver, his courtship and marriage to Lil Hardin, his 1929 move to New York, the formation of his own band, his European tours, and his international success. One of the most earnest justifications ever written for the new style of music then called swing but more broadly referred to as Jazz, Swing That Music is a biography, a history, and an entertainment that really swings.
- Author(s)Louis Armstrong
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/08/1993
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note8pp b&w illustrations
- Weight305 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byRudy Vallee
- Foreword byDan Morgenstern
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.