All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe first two authors of this coaching workbook are themselves parents who have been on a journey of swings and roundabouts - experienced the highs and lows of having children. Having difficulties kwing how to parent in many situations, which was t made easier by the conflicting advice in the media, made them unsure of their own parenting skills. This was one of the reasons that they entered into the field of parent-coaching. They were trained coaches who wanted to use their coaching skills and experience as parents to help both themselves and other parents get the understanding and trust in themselves to be the parents they dream of being. As an educational and child psychologist, Irvine was able to contribute an evidence and psychological base to the project.Parents often feel alone and the authors have found that running courses for them created a space where they could share experiences with each other as well as experiment with different ways of parenting. It is their intention to give back some of the awareness they gained in this comprehensive and invaluable self-coaching book.
- Author BiographyAgnes Bamford, as a working mother of three children, can relate to the challenges and roller-coaster of emotions faced by most parents. Agnes has experienced the difference coaching can make for parents and families and she believes strongly in empowering parents to generate the relationship with their children that they dream of having. Irvine Gersch is a professor of educational and child psychology at the University of East London. Following his first degree in psychology, he went on to qualify as a teacher and educational psychologist, and complete a PhD on child behaviour and school leadership. Anna Golawski is a dedicated mum to two young children and successfully manages to run her own coaching business. After spending many years in the corporate world she totally understands the tears and triumphs that go hand-in-hand with being a working parent.
- Author(s)Agnes Bamford,Anna Golawski,Professor Irvine Gersch
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleThe Professional Coaching Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.