All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the sequel to the first volume, which introduced the long sword, Herbert Schmidt explains single-handed sword fighting techniques with a buckler, or small shield. Single-handed sword' here refers to the sword wielded in one hand, as used throughout almost the entire Middle Ages. This book analyzes historical evidence, taken mainly from the 13th-century German combat manual Manuscript I:33, or Tower Manuscript,' the oldest and most widely trusted European sword fighting manual in existence. Find information on binds, posture, footwork, free fighting, and individual plays taken from the writings of fencing masters Hans Talhoffer, Andre Lignitzer, and Paulus Kal in this modern textbook that allows anyone interested - whether beginner or advanced - to work and improve his single-handed sword fighting skills.
- Author BiographyHerbert Schmidt is the leader of Ars Gladii, the Austrian swordfighting club, and is part of an international research community which is reconstructing historical European swordfighting and awakening it to new life. He is acknowledged as an expert far beyond the borders of Austria.
- Author(s)Herbert Schmidt
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note934 colour photos
- Weight1485 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.