All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first study of the life and art of Sydney Chaplin, Charlie Chaplin's brother, a person table t only for his importance in establishing his brother's career, but in several other early Hollywood enterprises, including the founding of United Artists and the Syd Chaplin Aircraft Corporation, America's first domestic airline. Sydney also had a successful film career, beginning in 1914 with Keystone and culminating with a string of popular films for Warner Bros. in the 1920s. Sydney's film career ended in 1929 because of an assault charge by an actress. This incident proved to be only the last in a string of scandals, each causing him to move to ather place, ather studio, or ather business venture.
- Author BiographyLisa K. Stein is an assistant professor of English at Ohio University Zanesville, in Zanesville, Ohio. A Chaplin scholar for the past ten years, she edited the Charlie Chaplin e-newsletter for four years, the only newsletter sanctioned by the Chaplin family organization.
- Author(s)Lisa K. Stein
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteill
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.