All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis lavishly illustrated tome is a celebration of the cake as art. It takes the reader on an inspired behind-the-scenes tour of this expert baker. We are welcomed into her artisanal workshop, where she shows us the crafting of her incredible confectionary masterpieces. We also see a paply of imaginative sugar flower and fruit-wreathed marvels and ribbon piping methods, as well as a portfolio of incredible cake designs. Sensational Cakes will inspire readers to produce perfect edible fantasies of all shapes and sizes for such occasions as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, leaving parties, christenings and bar mitzvahs. Whether the cake of choice is a multi-tiered extravaganza with spun sugar or a simple round layer cake adorned with flowers, it is always the centrepiece of any special occasion. Weinstock discusses how to determine the right cake size for your event, as well as different ways to display your confectionary creation. Basic cake recipes (chocolate, white, hazelnut, almond, yellow-butter and carrot) are provided, as well as recipes for fillings, icing and simple syrups. Fundamental cake-designing techniques are explored, and Weinstock provides an in-depth directory of resources for cake-decorating tools and supplies, specialty foods and kitchen equipment.
- Author BiographySylvia Weinstock is the grande dame of cake design - one of the first to use imaginative forms for wedding cakes - introducing butterflies and bees, for example, to brides who had previously known only flowers. Her 25-year-old company, located in New York City, has created cakes for the Clinton White House as well as numerous celebrity weddings. Weinstock's cakes have been featured in publications ranging from Modern Bride to The New York Times. Sylvia lives in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Sylvia Weinstock
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width241 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.