All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionDifference equations are playing an increasingly important role in the natural sciences. Indeed many phemena are inherently discrete and are naturally described by difference equations. Phemena described by differential equations are therefore approximations of more basic discrete ones. Moreover, in their study it is very often necessary to resort to numerical methods. This always involves a discretization of the differential equations involved, thus replacing them by difference equations. This book shows how Lie group and integrability techniques, originally developed for differential equations, have been adapted to the case of difference ones. Each of the eleven chapters is a self-contained treatment of a topic, containing introductory material as well as the latest research results. The book will be welcomed by graduate students and researchers seeking an introduction to the field. As a survey of the current state of the art it will also serve as a valuable reference.
- Author BiographyDecio Levi is a researcher in the Faculty of Engineering at the Universit... degli Studi Roma Tre. Peter Olver is a Professor and currently Head of the School of Mathematics at the University of Minnesota. Zora Thomova is an Associate Professor of Mathematics at the State University of New York - Institute of Technology. Pavel Winternitz is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the Universite de Montreal.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume Number381
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDecio Levi,Pavel Winternitz,Peter Olver,Zora Thomova
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.