All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionProf. McClain has, quite simply, produced a new kind of tutorial book. It is written using the logic engine Mathematica, which permits concrete exploration and development of every concept involved in Symmetry Theory. It is aimed at students of chemistry and molecular physics who need to kw mathematical group theory and its applications, either for their own research or for understanding the language and concepts of their field. The book begins with the most elementary symmetry concepts, then presents mathematical group theory, and finally the projection operators that flow from the Great Orthogonality are automated and applied to chemical and spectroscopic problems.
- Author BiographyW.M. McClain started working with Mathematica as soon as it appeared in 1988, bringing over ten years of nearly daily experience with Mathematica to this book. He has written many research papers that use Mathematica and has also used group theory throughout his 20-year research career in nonlinear spectroscopy. He published the first group theoretic analysis of nonlinear tensors in vibronic sprectroscopy, regarded by many as a landmark paper.
- Author(s)William Martin McClain
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1179 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.