About this product
- DescriptionConcentrates on symplasmic transport of small molecules, although the cell-to-cell transport of macromolecules will also be discussed. This book characterize the efficiency of symplasmic transport, mechanisms of molecule passage via plasmodesmata, and the external and internal factors that regulate plasmodesmatal conductivity. In this context, the book focused on the role of symplasmic domains in plant development, as well as the influence of environmental stresses on the plasmodesmata. Besides cell-to-cell symplasmic transport, the significance of long-distance symplasmic transport of solutes in phloem elements is also reviewed. Symplasmic Transport in Vascular Plants presents the mechanism of phloem transport, the processes of symplasmic loading and unloading, as well as the role of pre- and post-phloem transport, with special attention paid to symplasmic transport in wood. Finally, the relevance of the spread of both macromolecules and viruses, via plasmodesmata, is presented.
- Author BiographyDr. Katarzyna Sokolowska Associate Professor Department of Plant Morphology and Development University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland Dr. Pawel Sowinski Director, Faculty of Biology Institute of Experimental Plant Biology Department of Plant Molecular Ecophysiology University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight567 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKatarzyna Sokolowska,Pawel Sowinski
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.