All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.18Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- Description.. .unique perspectives and wonderful and horrible possibilities. Definitely take this one on vacation for reading around the campfire. -Sandy Penny Terrific read. The horror pieces, while t usually my cup of tea, were clever and spooky. The science fiction stories, which were the reason I bought the anthology, were also clever and well-written. - Steve M. Fye I missed Rod Sterling terribly, t anymore! I think he has been reborn in this author. Fabulous insight and intriguing ideas that keep you reading. I am usually anyed with guessing the ending of stories about the time I am at the third paragraph.....I am definitely NOT anyed. Surprising endings. - Teri Anderson Short and sweet, with an ending I didn't expect. I'll be on the lookout for more from this author. - Lia Cole Master of the surprise ending. Don't quit reading until the end. R.W. Van Sant has a very unique outlook and writing style. I recommend this book for its great imaginative storytelling. - Kathleen Science Fiction, Dark Fantasy and Horror Ten dark short stories of the strange and supernatural Whale Song- An inspirational, pararmal short story. A man's life is changed when he loses his job and nearly crashes his car on a dark ocean road. When he plays his saxophone to the raging storm, he is answered by an strange voice. Group - A scary tale of supernatural horror. Strangers, called together by a parapsychologist, have one thing in common: the same specter has haunted each from the day they were born. How could such a thing happen? Ricochet- A pararmal science fiction story. The crew of a military communications truck recovering from a nuclear blast in a future battlefield may be the first humans to make first contact. Extinction Live - A dark short story about the dangers of commercializing scientific advancement. The most powerful techlogy is paid for with the largest media event in history. When wormholes in time are artificially created to allow the world to experience the day disaurs became extinct, can humanity survive a television host's thirst for ratings? At the end of the day, will the disaurs be the only ones facing extinction? The Sleep Diet - a cautionary science fiction horror short story about the dangers of fad weight-loss programs. A new breakthrough in medical science promises dramatic reductions in body fat while you sleep, but are the side effects worth it? White - A pararmal horror story. When a man awakens in a world of pure, blinding whiteness, can he escape it to return to his family? Visiting Hours - A ghost story. A man in prison is visited nightly by the ghost of his father. Sporting Chance - A dystopian story set in a dark future. When the earth's animals become extinct, the wealthy choose new game to hunt -- people deemed better than animals, because they were convicted of the crime of debt. On Holiday - a humorous, pararmal short story. Pararmal reality television shows send teams out to look for ghosts, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and other supernatural creatures. These intrepid investigators never expected to run into vacationing fairies.
- Author BiographyRW Van Sant lives in Albuquerque, NM with his wife, two children, and two dogs. He is currently a student at the Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico. An eternal student, he has earned degrees and certificates in general science, history, and teaching. Above and beyond, RW is a writer. As a student of the darker aspects of the human condition, he prefers to write science fiction, horror and urban fantasy.
- Author(s)R W Van Sant
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.