All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionRecent studies show that changes in Glutamate/GABA synapses and related pathways may determine whether the synaptic plasticity that occurs as a response to stress is adaptive or maladaptive. Findings have shed new light on the mechanisms that determine the effects of stress on cognitive and affective function. Researchers have brought a wide range of techniques to bear on the study of this problem, including cutting-edge live imaging techniques, electrophysiology, glutamate release from isolated live synaptic terminals, development of transgenic and animal models and new behavioral methods. This book provides an overview of these recent findings and of the techniques used as well as a discussion of how the molecular, cellular, and functional effects of stress may trigger or precipitate neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression, schizophrenia, anxiety and PTSD.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 48 colour illustrations, 13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight719 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid Diamond,Gerard Sanacora,Maurizio Popoli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.