All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.99
About this product
- DescriptionSynchronization is one of the important issues in digital system design. While other approaches have always been intriguing, up until w synchro- us operation using a common clock has been the dominant design philo- sophy. However, we have reached the point, with advances in techlogy, where other options should be given serious consideration. This is because the clock periods are getting much smaller in relation to the interconnect propagation delays, even within a single chip and certainly at the board and backplane level. To a large extent, this problem can be overcome with care- ful clock distribution in synchrous design, and tools for computer-aided design of clock distribution. However, this places global constraints on the design, making it necessary, for example, to redesign the clock distribution each time any part of the system is changed. In this book, some alternative approaches to synchronization in digital sys- tem design are described and developed. We owe these techniques to a long history of effort in both digital system design and in digital communica- tions, the latter field being relevant because large propagation delays have always been a dominant consideration in design. While synchrous design is discussed and contrasted to the other techniques in Chapter 6, the dom- inant theme of this book is alternative approaches.
- Author(s)Teresa H. Meng
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number123
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight316 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1991
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.