Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSyngas from Waste presents the most recent concepts, methods and techniques for the preliminary design of a promising emerging techlogy: production of clean syngas from waste materials. An in-depth account is given of the steps necessary to achieve the optimum design and up-to-date tools are presented to support the designer's decision-making tasks: modelling, simulation and optimization. Numerous illustrations and tables are included to facilitate the reader's understanding, as well as suggestions for further reading. The text is complemented with practical examples and industrial applications ranging from clean power generation to complex combined heat and power systems and high purity hydrogen for use in fuel cells. Syngas from Waste contains high-quality contributions from leading experts in the field. It is intended for academics at MSc or PhD level, researchers and industry practitioners in syngas production and applications, who are involved in the design, retrofit design and evaluation activities of alternative scenarios. It contains valuable teaching material for lecturers and provides industry professionals with the kw-how to evaluate and improve existing installations or even to design a new one.
- Author BiographyLuis Puigjaner was a professor at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya for 45 years and is now Professor Emeritus. He ran a basic process design course for engineers and an advanced course in process design and optimization for PhD students. In 1980 he started a research line in fluidized and entrained bed gasifiers. Since then, several projects have been carried out under his leadership (17 European Commission sponsored projects; 6 national projects financed by the Spanish government; 16 contracts with private industry). As a result of this activity 10 PhD theses in the topics of this book have been completed under his supervision, 47 articles have been published in indexed journals, 59 book chapters have been written and 75 presentations have been made at international symposia. Two plants have been designed for the private industry (30,000 Tn/year) and four pilot plants have been built.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note52 black & white tables, biography
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLuis Puigjaner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.