All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionSyptic and Dynamic Climatology provides the first comprehensive account of the dynamical behaviour and mechanisms of the global climate system and its components, together with a modern survey of syptic-scale weather systems in the tropics and extra tropics, and of the methods and applications of syptic climate classification. It is unrivalled in the scope and detail of its contents. The work is thoroughly up to date, with extensive bibliographies by chapter. It is illustrated with nearly 300 figures and plates. *Part 1 provides an introduction to the global climate system and the space-time scales of weather and climate processes, followed by a chapter on climate data and their analysis *Part 2 describes and explains the characteristics of the general circulation of the global atmosphere and includes the nature and causes of global teleconnection patterns *Part 3 discusses syptic weather systems in the extra tropics and tropics and satellite-based climatologies of syptic features. It also describes the applications of syptic climatology and summarises current climatic research and its directions. The book is intended for advanced students in climatology and environmental and atmospheric sciences, as well as for professionals in the field of climate dynamics and variability. It presents both established findings about global climate and unresolved issues. Its comprehensive reference lists provide an invaluable guide to further study.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Carleton,Roger G. Barry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/06/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 black & white tables
- Weight1383 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.