Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis collective volume has been dedicated to two distinguished scholars of Neo-Latin Studies. Both the rich variety of subjects dealt with and the international diversity of the contributors reflect the wide interests of the celebrated Neo-Latinists and the contemporary status of the discipline itself. In addition to studies of Petrarch, Lorenzo Valla, Erasmus, Vives, T omas More, Eobanus Hessus, Lipsius, Tycho Brahe, Jean de la Fontaine, and Jacob Cats, it also includes contributions on Renaissance commentaries and editions of classical authors such as Homer, Seneca, and Horace; on Neo-Latin vels, epistolography, and Renaissance rhetoric; on Latin translations from the vernacular and invectives against Napoleon; on the teaching of Latin in the nineteenth century; and on the present-day didactics of Neo-Latin.
- Author BiographyJan Papy is Research Professor of Neo-Latin Literature and Renaissance Humanism at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Dirk Sacre is Professor of Latin and Neo-Latin at the University of Leuven.
- PublisherLeuven University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- Series TitleSupplementa Humanistica Lovaniensia
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationLeuven
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintLeuven University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byDirk Sacre,Jan Papy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.