All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to syntactic theory and analysis which can be used for both introductory and advanced courses in theoretical syntax. Offering an alternative to the standard generative view of the subject, it deals with the major issues in syntax with which all theories are concerned. It presents syntactic phemena from a wide range of languages and introduces students to the major typological issues that syntactic theories must address. A generous number of exercises is included, which provide practice with the concepts introduced in the text and in addition expose the student to in-depth analysis of data from many languages. Each chapter contains suggestions for further reading which encompass work from many theoretical perspectives. A separate teaching guide is available.
- Author BiographyRandy LaPolla holds an MA and PhD from the University of California, Berkeley, and a BA and MA from the State University of New York, Stony Brook. He has previously held positions at the Academia Sinica (1990-1998) and the City University of Hong Kong (1996-2004), and has taught at La Trobe University since 2004.
- Author(s)Jr.,Robert D. Van Valin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/1997
- Series TitleCambridge Textbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note56 exercises
- Weight980 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Series Edited byRandy J. LaPolla,P. Austin,J. Bresnan,B. Comrie,S. Crain,W. Dressler,C. Ewen,R. Lass
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.