Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionRadar, like most well developed areas, has its own vocabulary. Words like Doppler frequency, pulse compression, mismatched filter, carrier frequency, in-phase, and quadrature have specific meaning to the radar engineer. In fact, the word radar is actually an acronym for RAdio Detection And Rang- ing. Even though these words are well defined, they can act as road blocks which keep people without a radar background from utilizing the large amount of data, literature, and expertise within the radar community. This is unfortunate because the use of digital radar processing techniques has made possible the analysis of radar signals on many general purpose digi- tal computers. Of special interest are the surface mapping radars, such as the Seasat and the shuttle imaging radars, which utilize a technique kwn as synthetic aperture radar (SAR) to create high resolution images (pic- tures). This data appeals to cartographers, agromists, oceagraphers, and others who want to perform image enhancement, parameter estima- tion, pattern recognition, and other information extraction techniques on the radar imagery. The first chapter presents the basics of radar processing: techniques for calculating range (distance) by measuring round trip propagation times for radar pulses. This is the same technique that sightseers use when calculat- ing the width of a canyon by timing the round trip delay using echoes. In fact, the corresponding approach in radar is usually called the pulse echo technique.
- Author(s)J. Patrick Fitch
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/10/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleSignal Processing and Digital Filtering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight288 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.