All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionCompiles Information from a Multitude of Sources Synthetic jets have been used in numerous applications, and are part of an emergent field. Accumulating information from hundreds of journal articles and conference papers, Synthetic Jets: Fundamentals and Applications brings together in one book the fundamentals and applications of fluidic actuators. Clearly and thoroughly explaining the mechanisms of underlying synthetic jet behavior-from aerospace to mechanical engineering-this book addresses a variety of aspects, and provides a holistic, systematic approach of the subject. Covers Fundamental Principles, Analysis Techniques, and Applications Designed as a starting point for newcomers, the book is divided into three parts: fundamentals, techniques, and applications, and focuses on a class of incompressible jet flows where the jet is made up of the surrounding fluid. It explores fluid dynamics, hydrodynamic modeling, acoustics, and fabrication. It covers key measurement techniques, computational modeling, and synthetic jet design. In addition to highlighting the concepts and applications of synthetic jets, (in particular their uses in flow control and thermal management in electronic devices), the book explores attempts to improve and accelerate the design and optimization processes (from flow control to electronic cooling and propulsion) involved in a wealth of applied kwledge. * Features prominent experts in the field * Surveys the state of the art * Details a pathway to future advances in the industry Synthetic Jets: Fundamentals and Applications can be used as a guidebook for researchers, graduate students, and upper-level undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyKamran Mohseni is professor and W.P. Bushnell endowed chair in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He is also the director of the Institute for Networked Autonomous Systems there. He earned his doctorate from the California Institute of Technology in mechanical engineering and his masters from Imperial College London in aeronautics and applied mathematics. His research interests include bio inspired unmanned aerial and underwater vehicles, vehicle system dynamics and control, mobile sensor networking, and fluid dynamics. Rajat Mittal is a professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. He earned his PhD in applied mechanics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and his masters in aerospace engineering from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. He was a postdoctoral researcher in the Center for Turbulence Research at Stanford University before joining the University of Florida's Department of Mechanical Engineering. His research focuses on computational fluid dynamics, low Reynolds number aerodynamics, biomedical flows, active flow control, biomimetics and bio inspired engineering, and fluid dynamics of locomotion.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note261 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byKamran Mohseni,Rajat Mittal
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.