All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional interest in the clinical applications of attachment theory continues to grow and evolve, and at the same time narrative approaches are also gaining ground. This book explores how attachment-based ideas can be used in clinical practice by offering a practical and sophisticated exposition of clinical approaches. Bringing together three main systems of thought and psychotherapeutic practice - systemic theory, attachment theory and narrative theory - practitioners are shown how to use these ideas in their work through the integrated approach of 'attachment narrative therapy'. Using clinical examples, the authors provide guidance on how to use attachment narrative therapy in different clinical contexts and with various client groups, including working with: * addictions: alcohol dependency and eating distress * loss and grief * trauma and dissociation * love and sexuality: applications with couples. Systemic Therapy and Attachment Narratives provides practical guidance for a range of mental health professionals including family therapists, child, adolescent and adult psychotherapists, clinical psychologists and social workers, enabling them to apply this approach in a range of contexts.
- Author BiographyRudi Dallos is the Programme Director of the Plymouth University Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. He also works as a clinical psychologist specialising in work with adolescents and their families. Arlene Vetere is Deputy Director of Clinical Psychology Doctorate training at Surrey University and a family therapist, registered with the UKCP. She is also President of the European Family Therapy Association.
- Author(s)Arlene Vetere,Rudi Dallos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.