All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionRecent techlogical advances have enabled comprehensive determination of the molecular composition of living cells. The chemical interactions between many of these molecules are kwn, giving rise to geme-scale reconstructed biochemical reaction networks underlying cellular functions. Mathematical descriptions of the totality of these chemical interactions lead to geme-scale models that allow the computation of physiological functions. Reflecting these recent developments, this textbook explains how such quantitative and computable getype-phetype relationships are built using a geme-wide basis of information about the gene portfolio of a target organism. It describes how biological kwledge is assembled to reconstruct biochemical reaction networks, the formulation of computational models of biological functions, and how these models can be used to address key biological questions and enable predictive biology. Developed through extensive classroom use, the book is designed to provide students with a solid conceptual framework and an invaluable set of modeling tools and computational approaches.
- Author BiographyBernhard O. Palsson is the Galletti Professor of Bioengineering and Professor of Pediatrics at the University of California, San Diego. For almost 30 years, his research has focused on the development of large-scale models of biological functions and their use to solve basic and applied problems in the life sciences. He has authored three previous textbooks.
- Author(s)Bernhard O. Palsson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/01/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note27 b/w illus. 244 colour illus. 45 tables
- Weight1270 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.