All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive, systematic, and balanced, SYSTEMS OF PSYCHOTHERAPY, International Edition uses a wealth of clinical case illustrations to help readers understand a wide variety of psychotherapies-including psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, existential, person-centered, experiential, interpersonal, exposure, behavioral, cognitive, systemic, multicultural, and integrative. The Eighth Edition thoroughly analyzes 17 leading systems of psychotherapy and briefly surveys ather 31, thereby providing a broader scope than is available in most books. The authors explore each system's theory of personality, theory of psychopathology, and resulting therapeutic process and therapy relationship. By doing so, they demonstrate how much psychotherapy systems agree on the processes producing change, while showing how they disagree on the content that needs to be changed. To bring these similarities and differences to life, the authors also present the limitations, practicalities, and outcome research of each system of psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyJames O. Prochaska, PhD, is professor of psychology and director of the Cancer Prevention Research Consortium at the University of Rhode Island and a clinical psychologist in part-time private practice. He has been the principal investigator on grants from the National Institutes of Health totaling over $75 million and has been recognized by the American Psychological Society as one of the five most-cited authors in psychology. His 30 book chapters and over 200 scholarly articles focus on self-change, health promotion, and psychotherapy from a transtheoretical perspective, the subject of his popular book, CHANGING FOR GOOD (with John Norcross and Carlo DiClemente).
- Author(s)James O. Prochaska,John Norcoss
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight984 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement8th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.