All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionWar and peace are as important as other institutions- science, politics, family, ecomy, religion, etc.- but rarely receive the same level of sociological attention. Systems of War and Peace covers this gap by presenting a coherent framework for understanding why and how wars start and end; what military organizations are, how they function, and where they came from; plus, how peace has been achieved in the past and how it can be achieved in the future.
- Author BiographyTheodore Caplow is Commonwealth Professor, in the Department of Sociology, at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville. Louis Hicks is the Aldom-Plansoen Professor of Sociology at St. Mary's College of Maryland.
- Author(s)Louis Hicks,Theodore Caplow
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.