All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe T-54 and T-55 tanks are the most widely manufactured tanks of all time. They have become ubiquitous to wars around the globe since the 1950s, starting with Hungary in 1956, and including the Arab-Israeli wars of 1967, 1973 and 1982, the Vietnam war of 1967-75, the Iran-Iraq War of 1980-88, the Afghanistan conflict, Operation Desert Storm, the Yugoslav Civil Wars, and the recent conflict in Iraq. This book will examine the roots of this prolific tank family, starting with the Sovet Army's first attempts to replace the legendary T-34 during World War II, and covering the T-43 and the T-44, the more successful T-54, and its ultimate evolution into the T-55.
- Author BiographySteven J. Zaloga was born in 1952, received his BA in history from Union College, and his MA from Columbia University. He has published numerous books and articles dealing with modern military technology, especially armored vehicle development. His main area of interest is military affairs in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe in the Second World War, and he has also written extensively on American armored forces. Hugh Johnson is a highly-experienced and talented freelance illustrator. This is his first book for Osprey.
- Author(s)Steven Zaloga
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/07/2004
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 102
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note50ill.7col.ill.
- Weight163 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hugh Johnson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.