All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Soviet T-80 Standard Tank was the last tank fielded before the Soviet collapse, and the most controversial. Despite having the most sophisticated fire controls and multi-layer armor ever fielded on a Soviet tank, its turbine power plant (rather than a conventional diesel) remained a source of considerable trouble throughout its career. Steven J Zaloga charts the little-kwn history of the T-80, covering the initial construction, through the development to the subsequent variants, the T-84 and Russia's enigmatic Black Eagle Tank. Accompanying detailed cut-away artwork illustrates the unusual design features that made the T-80 so controversial.
- Author BiographySteven J Zaloga was born in 1952. He received his BA in History from Union College and his MA from Columbia University. He has published numerous books and articles dealing with modern military technology, especially armored vehicle development. His main area of interest is military affairs in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe in World War II, and he has also written extensively on American armored forces. Steven lives and works in Maryland.
- Author(s)Steven Zaloga
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 152
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Out-of-print date15/05/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byDavid Damrosch,Mbongiseni Buthelezi,Natalie Melas
- Illustrator(s)Hugh Johnson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.