All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionTHEORRY -- The Higher Education of Research Resource Yield --is written for the modern college or university student scholar. THEORRY empowers undergraduate students to be renaissance scholars and apply academic data driven decision making as research leaders and apply practical logical model decision making as resource managers before, during and after the college experience. The Work includes three important Chapters with sections concerning leadership empowerment through research literacy and management development through logic modelling for today s renaissance student scholar on the modern college or university campus. We embraced the varying definitions of the renaissance person to conceptualize our unique definition. Generally, a renaissance person is defined as intellectual, cultured, well rounded, well grounded, experienced, educated, accomplished, or a person who draws from wide ranging bodies of kwledge. Specifically, we define the modern renaissance student as modern scholar who is well balanced from being: (a) empowered with kwledge about research leadership from seeking competence in research literacy at the freshman, sophomore, junior and senior levels of college and; (b) engaged in skill development about logic modelling from seeking competence in resource management during and after college education to support the process of lifelong learning. This is book about academic, logical and practical decision making. In today's challenging and complex society where and when managing life for results must be part of habitual orientation for intellectual decision making and data-driven analysis in everyday living, students from all stations and stages should plan ahead, organize well and evaluate daily activities on the job, at home, in the global community. This is especially true for students in today s higher education who seek ongoing intellectual growth, student life management, and continued lifelong learning. This book provides a framework for decision making before college, during college, and after college. After all, daily student management should be a lifelong commitment; t just an experience, activity, or exercise that illuminates from challenges in our lives. Often, daily life with unanticipated issues, concerns, challenges could be the result of illogical thinking, inessential preparation, inadequate information, ineffective conceptualization, inefficient organization, failure of being proactive, failure in t seeing all the parts of the whole, or personal poor planning. This phemen accounts for many students inability to choose major, a mir, or a degree. The management logic matrix introduced in our second Chapter, entitled THINK, (called ZOOOM ) can be an effective and efficient resource for confronting daily these challenges. We use real-life (academic and practical) examples to illustrate the application of our logic model. To broaden practical thinking to academic context, our book includes references for some best practices and lessons learned in the business (private sector) and public administration (public sector). Especially in today s global ecomy, these challenges fall under all kinds of managing situations particularly in the present ecomy, we have found that students with limited time, limited resources, and limited support need systematic structures to manage the simplest of tasks as well as other tasks with more compelling complexity. All management challenges require the organization of the resources, the identification of outputs and outcomes, and the measurement of the work completed. The work empowers students and other readers to meet these daily life management challenges. The study provides a framework for decision making before college, during college, and after college.
- Author(s)Dawn Bishop McLin,Karen C. Wilson,Ronald Edgar Walker
- PublisherAcademica Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBethesda
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademica Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJoseph Martin Stevenson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.