All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $27.60
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.79
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.84
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.91
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.78
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.41
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionThe most famous, beautiful and spiritually moving poems of the twentieth-century, read by the most famous poet. Historic recordings of the cream of Eliot's poetry. It is always something of a revelation to listen to a poet reading his own words, and these recordings are exception. Eliot clearly and evenly characterises and reveals the voices of some of his most important works in this excellent reading. The Waste Land caught the imagination of the age with its powerful emotional impact. Eliot felt that the modern Western city had become a sterile desert waste land, and in it life had become a sham pretence, with content but stale conventionality. The Four Quartets express the poet's whole-hearted acceptance of the Christian faith. Each poem describes a meditation which leads to a reconciliation with the burden of the past.
- Author BiographyT. S. Eliot, (1888-1965) recast 20th century English poetry with a whole new vocabulary of technique, giving voice to a bold, vibrantly original Modernist style. In addition to his poetry, his body of work includes many landmark critical essays, as well as plays such as The Cocktail Party and Murder in the Cathedral. In 1948, he won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Author(s)T. S. Eliot
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication21/03/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Read byT. S. Eliot
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time105
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.