All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered what it must have been like growing up behind the Iron Curtain, on the wrong side of the Berlin Wall? Would your days have been haunted by the shadow of the omnipresent secret service, the Stasi, or was reality somewhat more mundane? In this humorous and touching memoir, Oliver Fritz takes us behind the myths, into a world of bottled fruit, corny commie jokes, socialist folk songs, sticky-taped plastic bags and Trabant cars. Where kids are counting the years to retirement, pensioners have qualms breaking the law, holidays involve smuggling western newspapers from the Soviet Union or money to Czechoslovakia and being mistaken for a westerner is a teen's dream. Underpinning daily life in the German Democratic Republic is Oliver's longing to kw what things are like on the other side of the Wall...and the mixed feelings that result when, with the help of a tin of mushrooms, he finally begins to find out for himself...Visit www.ironcurtainkid.com for more info.
- Author(s)OLIVER FRITZ
- Date of Publication20/06/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight515 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.