All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of the twenty best contemporary short stories selected by series editor Laura Furman from hundreds of literary magazines, The PEN/O. Henry Prize Stories 2010 brings to life a dazzling array of subjects: a street orphan in Malaysia, a cowboy and his teenage bride, a Russian nanny in Manhattan, a nineteenth-century Nigerian widow, and political prisoners on a Greek island. Also included are essays from the eminent jurors on their favorite stories, observations from the winners on what inspired them, and an extensive resource list of magazines. Them Old Cowboy Songs Annie Proulx Clothed, Female Figure Kirstin Allio The Headstrong Historian Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Stand By Me Wendell Berry Sheep May Safely Graze Jess Row Birch Memorial Preeta Samarasan Visitation Brad Watson The Woman of the House William Trevor The Bridge Daniel AlarcOn A Spoiled Man Daniyal Mueenuddin Oh, Death James Lasdun Fresco, Byzantine Natalie Bakopoulos The End of My Life in New York Peter Cameron Obit Ted Sanders The Lover Damon Galgut An East Egg Update George Bradley Into the Gorge Ron Rash Microstories John Edgar Wideman Some Women Alice Munro Making Good Lore Segal For author interviews, photos, and more, go to www.ohenryprizestories.com A portion of the proceeds from this book will go to support the PEN Readers & Writers Literary Outreach Program.
- Author BiographyLaura Furman's work has appeared in The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Ploughshares, The Yale Review, and other magazines. She is the founding editor of the highly regarded American Short Fiction (three-time finalist for the American Magazine Award). A professor of English at the University of Texas at Austin, she teaches in the graduate James A. Michener Center for writers. She lives in Austin.
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitlePen / O. Henry Prize Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight363 g
- Width136 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byLaura Furman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.