All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis evidence-based book, featuring contributions from world-rewned experts, discusses in detail the functional anatomy of the temporomandibular joint as well as the aetiology, diagsis, treatment and medicolegal implications of patients with temporomandibular disorders (TMD).Despite advances in our understanding of the aetiology of TMD and in developing current treatment rationales, a number of issues remain controversial. These include the extent to which the temporomandibular joint should be a central focus of orthodontic diagsis and treatment, as well as the role that occlusion and malocclusion play in precipitating TMD symptoms. Indeed, few subjects in dentistry and the specialty of orthodontics are open to as many interpretations or misinterpretations as TMD. This textbook provides clinical orthodontists with essential information and guidance that will assist them in understanding and effectively managing this complex multilayered problem. Throughout, clear clinical guidelines are presented on the basis of current scientific and clinical evidence. TMD and Orthodontics will be a highly valuable chairside resource for orthodontists everywhere.
- Author BiographySanjivan Kandasamy,BDSc, BScDent, GradDipClinDent, DocClinDent, MOrthRCS, FRACDS, FDS RCS, is Clinical Associate Professor at the Department of Orthodontics, Dental School, University of Western Australia and is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Saint Louis University. He completed his dental degree at UWA and his orthodontic training at the University of Melbourne, followed by a postdoctoral fellowship at Saint Louis University. He is certified with the Australian Orthodontic Board. He has published numerous articles in the peer reviewed literature as well as three textbook chapters. He is currently a reviewer for the American Journal of Orthodontics and Orthopedics, The Angle Orthodontist, Orthodontics- The Art and Practice of Dentofacial Enhancement and is the Assistant Editor of the Australian Orthodontic Journal. He is also on the Editorial Board of Seminars in Orthodontics. He also maintains a specialist private practice in Midland, WA Donald J. Rinchuse, DMD, MS, MDS, PhD, graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in 1974 with degrees in Dentistry (DMD) and Pharmacology/Physiology (MS). He received his certificate and MDS degree in orthodontics in 1976 and a PhD in Higher Education in 1985 from the University of Pittsburgh. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. In addition, Dr. Rinchuse is on the editorial review board of many professional journals, including the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. He has published over 100 articles, several book chapters, and a book and has delivered many presentations. Dr. Rinchuse is presently Professor and Graduate Orthodontic Program Director at Seton Hill University, Center for Orthodontics, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, USA. Charles S. Greene, DDS, has been involved for many years in clinical research and teaching in the area of temporomandibular disorders and orofacial pain. From 1965 to 1984 he worked with Dr. Daniel Laskin in the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Dentistry TMJ and Facial Pain Research Center. From 1986 to 1995 he worked at Northwestern University Dental School with Dr. Harold Perry as co-director of their TMD Clinic. Since returning to UIC in 1995, Dr. Greene has served as Director of Orofacial Pain Studies. He is currently a Clinical Professor in the Department of Orthodontics at UIC, and he has contributed many articles and lectures to the orthodontic specialty in the USA and abroad. He has published over 130 articles, book chapters, and abstracts, and recently was co-editor of a multiauthor book about temporomandibular disorders (Quintessence, 2006). A new multiauthor book co-edited by Dr. Greene was released by Quintessence in 2013. John W. Stockstill serves as the Division Director of Orthodontics within the Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics at the ECU School of Dental Medicine. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. He is currently the Associate Editor of the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in the areas of TMD and masticatory function and Chairman of the ADEA Special Interest Group for Temporomandibular Disorders/Orofacial Pain. He is also a founding member of the Association of University Temporomandibular Disorder/Orofacial Pain Programs (AUTOPP) and is a past president of Omicron Kappa Upsilon (Kappa Lambda chapter) at the GHSU College of Dental Medicine. Dr. Stockstill has edited, authored, and co-authored numerous scientific journals and textbooks and holds patents for orthodontic instruments. He is a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, the American College of Dentists, the International College of Dentists, and Omicron Kappa Upsilon.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 27 colour illustrations, 9 colour tables, biography
- Weight536 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCharles S. Greene,Donald J. Rinchuse,John W. Stockstill,Sanjivan Kandasamy
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.