All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn contrast to tabula rasa urbanism, this book considers strategies for tabula plena-urban sites that are full of existing buildings of multiple time periods. Such dense sites prompt designers to work between the fields of architecture, historic preservation, and urban planning, developing methods for collaborative authorship and interlocking architectural forms. The book grew from a collaboration between the Oslo School of Architecture and Design and Columbia University's Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation on the planning of the government quarter in Oslo. Emerging from this process, the book asks larger questions about how we practice, teach, and theorise engagement with existing architecture on an urban scale. It contains a compilation of short essays addressing theoretical questions, a sampling of design projects offering different formal strategies for architectural design, and a series of discussions about pedagogical strategies.
- Author BiographyBRYONY ROBERTS is an architectural designer and scholar. She earned her B.A. from Yale University and her M.Arch from Princeton University, and started her own research and design practice in 2011. She has received a Graham Foundation Individual Grant, the Rome Prize in Historic Preservation, and was featured in the Chicago Architecture Biennial of 2015.
- PublisherLars Muller Publishers
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- Place of PublicationBaden
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintLars Muller Publishers
- Content Note141 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width165 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBryony Roberts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.