All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionTackling Football: A Woman's Guide to the College Game provides women with the basics for understanding a college football game - how it is played, the various playing positions, and basic offensive and defensive strategies. It includes a close-up look at what happens before, during, and after the game, as well as how to listen to a play-by-play. It is written in a user-friendly format and is drawn from our combined years of experience with college football as spectator, player and coach. We feel that few things in sports compare to the excitement of a weekend college football game - from socializing with friends at the pregame tailgating parties to the energy of the crowd cheering their team's touchdown over a rival. We want others to have that experience and share in our love and appreciation for the game.
- Author BiographySandra L. Caron is a Professor of Family Relations and Human Sexuality at the University of Maine. She has been both professionally and personally involved in college athletics. She is a graduate of the University of Maine and Syracuse University. She has served as a member of the University of Maine Athletic Advisory Board for more than a decade, coordinator of the Faculty Liaison Program for the Athletic Department, and director of Athletes for Sexual Responsibility, a nationally recognized peer education program that trains student-athletes to educate others on sexuality issues. Personally, she has been an avid, but average, college football fan for more than three decades. J. Michael Hodgson has more than 30 years of experience with college football, including his role as a player and a football coach for several colleges. He played football for the University of Maine where he was a three-year starter at tight end and also handled place kicking duties. He began his coaching career there, working with tight ends, the offensive line, and running backs before moving to Princeton University as wide receivers coach and the passing game coordinator. He went on to become head coach for Maine Maritime Academy. He was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks/wide receivers coach at Central Connecticut State University, and then served as quarterbacks and receivers coach at Edinboro University in Pennsylvania. Most recently, he was offensive coordinator and running backs/tight ends coach for Dartmouth College.
- Author(s)Sandra L Caron
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Val Ireland
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.