All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis straightforward book explains how to deliver cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) for health anxiety in ordinary practice. Health anxiety is very common but it is often undetected, especially in medical settings where people are constantly looking for evidence of physical disease. The problem is that many people with this condition are more concerned with further tests and investigations to exclude physical illness than with addressing their own worries over health. The introduction of psychological treatment has to be handled sensitively if it is going to be successful. This book shows how it can be done. * A new version of CBT specifically for health anxiety. * How to recognise health anxiety. * How to engage patients and introduce therapy. * How to separate the problems of anxiety from those of physical illness. All clinicians - from nurses working in general practice, to consultant physicians - will recognise the scenarios Dr Tyrer uses to illustrate her practical approach to alleviating the distress felt by so many patients. All clinicians will value the time they can save by tackling their patients' health anxiety. Readership This will be useful for liaison psychiatrists and, to some extent, for all healthcare professionals - especially general practitioners and nurses in primary care.
- Author BiographyAuthor Dr Helen Tyrer - Senior Clinical Research Fellow, Imperial College, London.
- Author(s)Helen Tyrer
- PublisherRCPsych Publications
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRCPsych Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementFirst
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.