Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that a circle has more than one side? Are you aware of the difference between 1:2 and 1/2? Could you spot when a 2D shape is actually 3D? Tackling Misconceptions in Primary Mathematics is a practical guide based on the principles that sound subject kwledge is key to fostering understanding, and addressing misconceptions is central to pupil progress. With an emphasis on preventing as well as unpicking misconceptions in the classroom, it offers trainee and practising teachers clear explanations, practical strategies, and examples of the classroom language and dialogue that will help pupils successfully navigate tricky topics. The book demonstrates the importance of preventing misconceptions through what is said, done and presented to children, giving a variety of examples of common misconceptions and exploring how they can be addressed in a classroom environment. Proper intervention at the point of misconception is regarded as a key skill for any outstanding classroom practitioner and the author stresses the value in understanding how the pupil got there and explaining that it's okay to make mistakes. Misconceptions are only one step away from correctly formed concepts if harnessed with care and skill. This comprehensive text is designed to be read as either a short course introduction, or dipped into as a guide to assist teaching. It is essential reading for trainee primary school teachers on all routes to QTS, as well as mathematics subject leaders and practising teachers looking to inspire the next generation of confident and inquisitive mathematicians.
- Author BiographyKieran Mackle is a MaST (Primary Mathematics Specialist Teacher), action researcher and a Specialist Leader of Education, who has worked with numerous schools and the Medway local authority to provide training and school-to-school support. He is Mathematics Subject Leader, Year 6 teacher and Deputy Head at St. Michael's Primary School, Chatham, UK.
- Author(s)Kieran Mackle
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.