All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionTae Kwon Do is more than just a fighting style; it combines self-defense, exercise, meditation, philosophy, and selfawareness to improve oneself physically, mentally, and spiritually. Over four hundred million students in more than 188 countries have embraced the way of life that Tae Kwon Do provides. The third edition of Tae Kwon Do combines a complete explanation of the physical aspects of the martial art with a full description of the philosophical elements of its training. Sanctioned by the World Tae Kwon Do Federation, this guide contains: a concise history of the sport; more than 740 color photographs for thorough study; english and Korean glossaries; updated rules of competition and weight and belt divisions; detailed explanations of basic techniques and warm-up exercises; and important strategies for sparring. Tae Kwon Do is perfect for both students trying to master techniques and teachers looking for a reliable reference. The authors believe that the true essence of Tae Kwon Do cant be seen, touched, smelled, tasted, or heard, but only experienced. This book will guide students as they figure out what Tae Kwon Do means to them.
- Author BiographyYeon Hee Park was the undefeated Korean champion of Tae Kwon Do from 1962 to 1967. He served as vice president of the National Tae Kwon Do Union of the United States and is currently the world Tae Kwon Do Kukkiwon adviser. He lives in Demarest, New Jersey. Yeon Hwan Park is the president of the United States Tae Kwon Do Union and publisher of USA Tae Kwon Do Review. His previous books include Tae Kwon Do: My Life and Philosophy and Tae Kwon Do for Children. He lives in East Meadow, New York. Jon Gerr ard graduated with a degree in psychology from Princeton University, where he also served as president of the Tae Kwon Do Club for two years. For more than ten years he has taught martial arts to law enforcement agents in New York, where he currently lives.
- Author(s)Yeon Hee Park
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note748 illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.