All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook of the Year Award Finalist - Foreword Magazine Originally published in 1976, this authoritative work has been the guide for thousands of Taekwondo practitioners as they advance in their training. Whether your training is for self-defense, forms competition, or in preparation for the Olympic games, this newly revised edition provides beginner to Black Belt level training to assist you on your journey in Taekwondo. Contents include: * History, Philosophy, and Principles* Calisthenics* Stances* Basic Striking - Human Weapons, and Vital Points* Movements and Footwork* Strikes, Blocking and Kicking Techniques* Sparring and Breaking Techniques* Self-Defense Techniques* Eight Palgwe Forms - recommended for promotion of all color belts and 1st dan black belt by The United States Taekwondo Association (USTA), and used in sanctioned International Taekwondo competitions.* Eight Taegeuk Forms - required for promotion of all color belts and 1st dan black belt by The World Taekwondo Federation (WTF), and used in sanctioned International Taekwondo competitions.* Rules and regulations of the World Taekwondo Federation, including sparring and Poomse (forms) competitions Rules and regulations of the World Taekwondo Federation, including sparring and Poomse (forms) competitions. The ever-increasing popularity of Taekwondo is apparent by the dedication of the tens of millions of practitioners worldwide, and by the inclusion of Taekwondo in the summer Olympic games. With all its popularity, it is paramount that the art be handed down in a clear, kwledgeable, and sustainable way - this book does just that.
- Author BiographyGrandmaster Richard Chun began studying Taekwondo at the age of 11 under two highly respected teachers in Seoul, Korean: Chong Soo Hong and Ki Whang Kim. He progressed to 9th Dan by Kukkiwon in 1989 (World Taekwondo Federation) and Moo Duk Kwan in 1981 after more than fifty years of study, establishing him as one of the highest ranking master instructors in the United States.
- Author(s)Richard Chun
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight1720 g
- Width218 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.