All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a photographic guide to performing the Wu style short form sequence for vibrant health and peace of mind. It includes advice on preparation, warm up, when and how to practise, using meditation and creative visualization, and how to integrate t'ai chi into your lifestyle. For the more advanced there is also instruction on working with a partner, push hands exercises, and fighting without anger. It includes step-by-step photographs that show each sequence in clear detail. This book covers all aspects of t'ai chi, from its beginnings and its philosophical background, right through to its practical uses. There are many different variations of t'ai chi. Here, Andrew Popovic focuses on the Wu style, giving instructions on how to perform the short form in clear, step-by-step photographs, with easy-to-follow guidance. The book explains the Taoist philosophy behind t'ai chi, and how to use your understanding of energy flow and physical balance to improve your practice. It also takes t'ai chi theory into other aspects of your life, with valuable information on Chinese medicine, healthy eating, and meditation.
- Author BiographyAndrew Popovic has over twenty years' experience in oriental martial arts. He began training in Shotokan karate at the age of 15, and subsequently studied traditional Japanese jujitsu, before dedicating his practice entirely to the Chinese internal arts. Andrew's training in Wu style t'ai chi, and certification to teach the Wu style short form featured in this book, comes from Master Frantzis, and he has also studied under Lineage master John Ding, in Yang style t'ai chi. Andrew runs Chiworks, a London-based organization offering courses on all levels in t'ai chi, chi gung and meditation.
- Author(s)Andrew Popovic
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication14/07/2010
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 250 colour photographs
- Weight680 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.