All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGold Winner - 2011 IP's Living Now AwardsGold Winner - 2011 eLit AwardFinalist - 2011 Eric Hoffer AwardFinalist - 2011 USA Best Book Award Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) is a slow and relaxed moving meditation. It is also a sophisticated martial arts system. Through practicing Taijiquan, you are able to calm down the mind, locate your spiritual center, and consequently find your entire being. From the relaxed moving exercise, you can bring your physical body into an ultimate level of relaxation and natural ease, resulting in smooth Qi (inner energy) and blood circulation. This is a key to maintaining health and recovering from sickness. This book is an in-depth guide for beginners to learn Taijiquan properly. It offers a general plan for practicing Taijiquan, and then goes into great depth to present eugh content for proper learning. You will learn: What Taijiquan is How to practice The history of Taijiquan Taijiquan postures About Qi and Qigong Main Fundamental stances Categories of Qigong Taiji qigong Qigong training theory Qigong and Taijiquan Taijiquan thirteen postures (eight doors and five stepping) The traditional Yang Style Taijiquan Long Form This REVISED EDITION has a new easy-to-follow layout, each movement presented in a series of large photographs with clear same-page instructions for each Taiji posture. This book is sure to advance your practice and save you much time and energy.
- Author BiographyDr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a renowned author and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Qigong. Born in Taiwan, he has trained and taught Taijiquan, Qigong and Chinese martial arts for over forty-five years. He is the author of over thirty books, and was elected by Inside Kung Fu magazine as one of the 10 people who has made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years. Dr. Yang lives in Northern California.
- Author(s)Jwing-Ming Yang
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight794 g
- Width187 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.