Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first tai chi book exclusively for children ages 4 to 8. - Uses children's delight in imitating animals to teach the eight basic tai chi forms essential for health. - Each exercise is accompanied by colorful artwork and photographs of the author's 7-year-old son demonstrating postures. - Written as a story to invite imaginative play and learning. - Designed for children and parents to play with together and for independent learning by older children. Millions of adults practice the ancient Chinese exercise of tai chi everyday. Now children can experience the numerous health, learning, and social benefits of tai chi--focused attention; enhanced creativity, imagination, self-confidence; and improved balance, circulation, and overall health--through the eight simple exercises introduced in Tai Chi for Kids. Inspired by his own son's excitement with tai chi at the age of only three, master teacher Stuart Olson appeals to the innate imagination and playfulness of children to teach them the eight basic forms of a tai chi practice. Children have fun imitating animals while guided by colorful and playful illustrations and photographs of Olson's son, Lee, performing each posture. Olson uses the language of a storyteller, wonderful animal metaphors that invite children to pretend, and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions so that every child can enjoy such exercises as Chasing the Monkeys Away,and Riding the Tiger to the Mountain. The book also includes a fun teaching tale of how tai chi first began that can be read out loud by a parent or independently by the older child. Tai Chi for Kids introduces children to a lifetime of physical fitness and instills in them a love of movement.
- Author BiographyStuart Alve Olson has studied Tai Chi, meditation, and Chinese language for more than twenty-five years. Considered one of the leading authorities on Tai Chi, Stuart has published a number of books on the subject and has taught classes and workshops throughout the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, and Indonesia. He presently lives in northern California. Greg Crawford is a self-taught artist who has made his living as an illustrator and designer for more than thirty-five years. He has worked in advertising, magazine and book illustration, film, and television. He is also active in community theater and is a passionate amateur stonemason. Gregory lives in Vermont with his wife, Jacki, and their German shepherd, Athena.
- Author(s)Stuart Alve Olson
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Notefull colour throughout
- Weight450 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gregory Crawford
- Reading Age4-8
- Interest Ageages 4-8
Most relevant reviews
- 837340916@delet...08 Jun, 2012by
Confusing for beginners.
Not particularly impressed with the book, for those not used to Tai Chi forms I am sorry to say that the illustrations in the book can be confusing. On reflection I should have returned the book, it is now in a cupboard and will not be used - sorry. It would be better for the beginner to buy an instructional DVD.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.50Trending at AU $45.33