Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIslamic finance distinguishes itself from conventional finance with its strong emphasis on the moral consequences of financial transactions; prohibiting interest, excessive uncertainty, and finance of harmful business. When it comes to risk mitigation, it is unique in its risk sharing approach. This authoritative book tracks the evolution of the takaful industry over the course of the last four decades and makes a major attempt to highlight the importance of risk sharing through a discussion of various models of cooperation and critical analysis of their performance, including illuminating case studies and a critical assessment of the Islamic insurance model and the role of alternate financing mechanisms. Its high-level discourse on shari'ah compliance and its nuances places emphasis on the importance of solidarity, cooperation, mutuality and reciprocity. Scholars and practitioners working in Islamic finance will appreciate the context and nuance of this important book, and it will be essential reading for anyone interested in alternative forms of shari'ah-compliant cooperative finance. The book is equally vital for academics and researchers interested in understanding various takaful models and their shari'ah considerations.
- Author BiographyEdited by S. Nazim Ali, Research Professor and Director, Center for Islamic Economics and Finance, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar and Shariq Nisar, Adjunct Professor, ITM Business School, Mumbai, India
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Islamic Finance, Accounting and Governance Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byS. Nazim Ali,Shariq Nisar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.