All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining traditional Japanese influences, French technique, and more than 20 years of cooking in the Midwest, James Beard Award-winning chef Takashi Yagihashi introduces American home cooks to essential Japanese comfort food with his simple yet sophisticated recipes. Emphasising quick-to-the-table shortcuts, the use of fresh and dried packaged odles, and kid-friendly dishes, Takashi explains odle nuances and explores each style's distinct regional identity. An expert guide, Takashi recalls his youth in Japan and takes cooks on a discovery tour of the rich bounty of Japanese odles, so readily accessible today. Takashi's exuberance for odles ranging from Aje-Men to Zaru is sure to inspire home cooks to dive into bowl after soothing, refreshing bowl.
- Author BiographyTAKASHI YAGIHASHI opened Takashi's in Chicago in 2008, following successful ventures at Ambria, Tribute, and Okada at the Wynn. He was named the James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Midwest and one of America's Ten Best New Chefs by Food and Wine. Takashi is a member of the Macy's Culinary Council and as well as the Japanese Culinary Cultural Association of America. He lives with his family in Chicago. HARRIS SALAT writes about food and culture for Gourmet, the New York Times, Saveur, and other publications.
- Author(s)Harris Salat,Takashi Yagihashi
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication22/03/2009
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note45 full-colour photos
- Weight756 g
- Width229 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.