Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional development is akin to engineering. It involves a specific set of steps that when acted on create a specific outcome. In the case of professional development the outcome is a greater level of personal capability to perform. This material takes you step by step through the process of professional development. In addition, it provides literally hundreds of examples of different competencies and skill sets to sharpen your focus. Take charge of your own development. Take control over your own performance. Take ownership of your opportunities. Take your success to the next level.
- Author BiographyMy professional career has spanned 30 years. It began in August of 1980 when I enlisted in the United States Air Force. While in the military, I had the opportunity to serve in a variety of operational and support positions including aircraft maintenance, logistics, systems acquisition, Space Shuttle recovery, readiness, and professional military education. I retired from the Air Force in November of 2000 at the rank of Chief Master Sergeant. I transitioned to the corporate sector in that same year. My initial job was supporting technical and operations training in the financial services industry. From there I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of project management, training development, and human performance support roles. I currently serve as a VP in a corporate learning and development function for a financial services firm. My interest in leadership and performance development and improvement began with my Air Force enlistment. The service provided me with the opportunity to work for and learn from some of the best of the best in these areas. This represents the next step in my personal development in this area as well. I have long been a believer that if you want to really learn how to do something well teach someone else how to do it. By extension, I have found that you can deepen your ability by writing about it too. I am a true believer in the value and importance of continuous development. Towards that end, I carry a variety of degrees, including a Master's in Aerospace Science from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and a Master's in Business Administration from Northcentral University. My professional certifications include Professional in Human Resources (PHR) from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as well as a variety of Organizational Development tools and topics. I began writing professionally in 2009. My first book The Question is the Answer - Five Hundred Questions to Enhance Your Competitive, Moral, Social and Emotional Intelligence was published in December of that year. It is available at Amazon.com. Perhaps most important, I view every day as a personal development opportunity, full of those unavoidable opportunities to excel ! Reach me via email at EricDiel@Insightbb.com.
- Author(s)Eric L Diel
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight739 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.