All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese days, families come in all shapes and sizes. They move from one state to create a family in ather. They combine into new homes, take holidays with blends of children and parents from different households. They invent routines and rituals to establish their own rhythms. And don't forget the double sets of school uniforms and pyjamas under different roofs. Welcome to the new rmal of family life for many Australians. It is a path Chloe Shorten has walked. Chloe was surprised at the lack of helpful information and unexpected tripwires for those t fitting the traditional cookie-cutter model. She was also heartened by the sensible advice she unearthed, the resilience of her children and the joy of watching her husband become a father three times over. Chloe tells of her own quest to create a new rmal. Honest, sincere and warm hearted, this is a story of the modern household and explores the idea of who qualifies as 'a family' in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyChloe Shorten is a communications specialist, Queensland girl, mother of three and an advocate for improving the lives of women, children and people with disabilities. She lives in Melbourne and is married to Bill.
- Author(s)Chloe Shorten
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2017
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2017
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight272 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.