All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor six years, digital photography expert Tim Grey has answered readers' questions on his website and daily mailing list, 'DDQ (Digital Darkroom Questions)'. Host of the annual Microsoft Pro Photo Summit, Grey kws his stuff - and after answering hoards of questions from photographers, he kws the most persistent and burning issues. In Grey's new book, Take Your Best Shot: Tim Grey Tackles Your Digital Darkroom Questions , he answers the most-often asked questions about the digital darkroom and more in an easy-to-read format, organized by subject, and illustrated with beautiful photographs and instructive screenshots. The book includes several new topics t covered on Grey's website Tim Grey.The topic list includes: Digital Fundamentals - resolution, bit-depth, and imaging sensors; Digital Cameras & Tools - SLR vs. point-and-shoot, megapixels, field storage, sensor cleaning, CompactFlash card speed, and digital lenses; Digital Photography - JPEG vs. RAW, ISO settings, white balance; Digital Darkroom - Windows vs. Mac, LCD vs. CRT, Lightroom vs. Photoshop, storage, backup, image downloading, and film and print scanning; Color Management - Monitor calibration and color temperature, printer profiling, when the printer doesn't match the monitor, and when prints lack shadow detail; and, Image Optimization - RAW conversion, tonal adjustments, curves, color balance, hue/saturation, clone stamp, spot healing brush, and healing brush.It also includes: Creative Effects - Dodge and burn, black and white conversion, sepia tone, and artistic edge; Image Problem-Solving - Noise, washed-out sky, color cast, and color contamination; Printing - Printer choice, print resolution, raster image processors, paper choice, and print services; and, Digital Sharing - Preventing image theft, slideshow solutions, Web galleries, and sharing websites. You may kw him from the series of popular Tim Grey Guides (Sybex), or from the hundreds of articles he's written for publications such as Outdoor Photographer , Digital Photo Pro and PC Photo . In Take Your Best Shot: Tim Grey Tackles Your Digital Darkroom Questions , Grey answers questions in the same clear and accessible style. If you want to kw the 'why' along with the 'how', this book is the one you want - the straight scoop from an expert who kws his business.
- Author BiographyTim Grey has authored and coauthored a dozen books, such as the Tim Grey Guides for Sybex that include Photoshop for Nature Photographers , Photoshop CS2 Workflow and Color Confidence . Having written hundreds of magazine articles on digital imaging for photographers, Tim publishes the Digital Darkroom Quarterly print newsletter and Digital Darkroom Questions email newsletter. As host of the annual Microsoft Pro Photo Summit, he also speaks at a variety of events, including Photoshop World as a member of the Photoshop World Dream Team of instructors.
- Author(s)Tim Grey
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.