Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionNotorious for his gender-bending dress sense, at the forefront of the avant-garde 1980s scene, Boy George has been to hell and back since the height of Boy George mania in the early 1980s. Culture Club, George's pioneering band, went into eclipse. His hushed-up relationship with drummer Jon Moss fell apart. George found a new obsession - drugs. The tragic deaths of two close friends and two drug convictions brought shame and despair. This book tells the story of Boy George, of the highs and lows, the family struggles, bully boys and transvestites, friends, lovers and an obsessive media infatuation. George O'Dowd went through the agony of withdrawal and re-evaluated his life. Now, working and successful again, he tells his tale.
- Author(s)Boy George,George O'Dowd,Spencer Bright
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/04/1995
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSidgwick & Jackson Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/08/1997
- Content Note16pp b&w photographs
- Weight915 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 2015aubotsi06 Jun, 2017by
Humorous and compelling
Great read, really enjoyed it. Tends to be a little all over the place though, but then so was his life!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.